As a Senior Product Designer at Afrihealth, reporting to the Head of Product Design, you will have the exciting opportunity to shape the future of our new product and help define the design practice at our company. You will be responsible for creating intuitive and engaging user experiences that meet the needs of our customers and will help lead design projects from concept to launch. In this role you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the success of our product and organization as we disrupt and ultimately better serve the insurance industry with a state-of-the-art SaaS product experience and platform.
In this role, you’ll:
- Work with cross-functional teams (product managers, fellow designers, engineers, industry experts) to drive design vision and strategy that meets the needs of our users
- Apply strategic thinking to visualize ideas and concepts and communicate them effectively and compellingly for internal and external stakeholders
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcomes
- Build positive, collaborative relationships with product management, development, marketing, and the broader Accelerant team
- Develop high-quality visual and interaction designs, including wireframes, prototypes, and detailed design specifications
- Lead design thinking workshops and helping to guide, improve, and implement design and feedback processes
- Contribute to the development of the design team’s processes, culture, design system, and standards
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- Expert knowledge of the end-to-end product design process, demonstrating a command of product strategy, distilling the jobs to be done for a given user, journey mapping, wireframing and prototyping, user testing, and high-fidelity visuals
- The ability to craft beautiful designs and delightful, useful, and usable experiences; you have strengths in visual design, interaction, and product design
- Deep experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working with cross-functional teams including development, product management, and product research
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills; you have the ability to help your team and stakeholders understand the “why” behind your design rationale
- A strong sense of initiative – be proactive, able to drive results and identify opportunities to improve within the team and organization
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe CC, and Miro, and a willingness to learn new tools and technologies
It’s preferred if you have any of the following:
- Strong experience conducting discovery research, facilitating workshops, and contributing to or managing a research repository
- A strong interest in leading UX writing or accessibility initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience contributing to and maintaining a design system
Enjoy our comprehensive benefits package designed to meet your diverse needs and support your well-being:
- Work-life balance: We believe that taking time to rest and recharge makes us all better. That’s why we offer flexible time off and encourage our team to take the time they need to prioritize their health and well-being.
- Health and wellness: We offer high-quality health, dental, and other benefits to ensure our team members have access to the care they need.
- Remote work: Work where you’re most productive and fulfilled. This position is open to remote candidates across Canada and the U.S., who have the flexibility to work with our teams distributed across Europe and North America. Most cross-team collaboration happens in the mornings of the Eastern Time Zone.
- Travel: We value face-to-face connections and believe that in-person interactions can enhance collaboration and build stronger relationships. Travel could be a small part of your role, with opportunities to connect with your team and our Members in-person.
At Accelerant, we recognize that a diverse and inclusive workplace is critical to our success. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience to excel in this role, we encourage you to apply.