Effective Date: October 12th, 2020
Afrihealth Limited (“Afrihealth”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) greatly recognize and value the privacy of people (“you” or “User”), who visit our websites, use or access our apps, whether on mobile devices, PCs, our websites or other approved platforms (“Afrihealth App(s)”), and/or otherwise use or access any of our provided services, including but not limited to customer supporting, marketing and advertising, and community services (collectively the “Afrihealth Services”).
The minimum age to create a Afrihealth user account is 18 (“Account”). We will not knowingly collect personal data from children under this age. Insofar as certain countries or platforms apply a higher age of consent for the collection of personal data, Afrihealth requires parental consent before an Account is created and personal data associated with it is collected. Afrihealth encourages parents to instruct their children to never give out personal information when online.
What Data We Collect and Process
Personal data means data that may be used to identify an individual, such as full name, email address, contact address, postal code, position data, title, occupation, personal interests, and other data that you choose to submit.
Data We Collect and Process
- Contact data (such as email address or telephone number, if necessary)
- Account registration or registration for on-line app participation (such as username, password, Afrihealth ID）
- Information in Afrihealth community forums, chats, or when you provide feedback or other user generated content (such as information that you post, comment or follow in any of our content or services; information sent through chat; information you provide when you request information or support from us or purchase content or services from us, including information necessary to process your orders with the relevant payment merchant; in case of physical goods, shipping providers; or, information you provide to us when participating in competitions, contests and tournaments or responding to surveys, e.g. your contact details).
- Transaction and Payment Data (such as purchase subscriptions for content and services, If you pay by credit card, you need to provide typical credit card information (name, address, credit card number, expiration date and security code, if necessary)
- Other data you choose to give us (such as data about lost account identification, hacking prevention, consumer services, service maintenance, technical support and surveys, including but not limited to your age, gender, general hobbies and interests, app interests and habits, browser and device information, app-related preferences and/or data collected through automated electronic interactions and application usage data)
Data we collect automatically
- Data about your account, app progressions and any use of Afrihealth App(s)
- Internet Protocol (“IP”) address
- Data about your device, such as your device ID, device name, device type, operating system, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI, CPU, language and the type of browser
- Cookies and similar technologies (see more as below)
- General location data.
Data we get from our contractors
- Data we receive if you link Third-party applications with the Afrihealth Services (such as access our services through Facebook, Twitter, App Center, Google Play or Apple Store)
- Data from payment methods that help the Afrihealth App(s) run on (such as to verify and confirm payment)
- Data for advertising and analytics purposes so that we can provide you better services
Please note that we may merge and update our collected personal data with data from third-party contractors in order to update your data, perform market analysis, and/or otherwise improve the Afrihealth Services.
Why Do We Collect Your personal data
To allocate a Afrihealth ID to user when accessing Afrihealth Services and for the purpose to provide great services to you, we collect and process the data to:
- Allow you to access or restrict your access to the Afrihealth Services;
- Analyze and manage Afrihealth Services for system administration, user service, security, fraud-detection, check the authenticity of an account owner, archival and/or backup purposes;
- Correct bugs or errors, improve our services and respond to customer desires and preferences, including language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, and other responses;
- Develop new services or products you request and improve the user experience;
- Verify and confirm payment;
- Provide you offers on or through the Afrihealth Services and deliver advertising that may be relevant to your interests, such as offer you to participate in our surveys or activities;
- Communicate with other users and take action against misbehaving users;
- Personalize your experience, keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, provide software verification, upgrades and administration, notify special events and offer other data pertaining to our services; and/or
- protect the integrity, safety, and security of our services or our users, comply with legal obligations, and enforce compliance with the Terms of Service or other restrictions placed on your use of the Afrihealth Services.
- Track your process across our websites and applications to verify that you are not a bot and to optimize our services.
In all of the above cases and purposes, you acknowledge and confirm that we may analyze, profile, segment, merge and/or update all collected data (regardless of an aggregated or individualized manner for the purposes of improving service quality and providing a better experience to users).
Advertisements and Your Choices
For the purpose of providing personalized advertisements, you acknowledge and confirm that we may collect and process the data to:
- improve advertising and other marketing and promotional activities; and/or
- deliver, target and improve our advertising.
We may also use your data to send you, or have our authorized contractors send you, direct marketing data or contact you for our market research. If you do not wish to receive marketing or advertising materials from us or any of our contractors, please do not provide your contact data via the Internet and you may directly require such contractors to remove your data from the contact list.
Without your consent, we ensure that we will not use your data for user profile.
Cookies or Similar Technologies
We use the cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to personalize your experiences on our services and for various other purposes, including:
- remembering you: cookies, web beacons and similar technologies can help us identify you as a registered user or keep the preferences or data that you have previously provided;
- serving advertising: cookies, web beacons and similar technologies help us provide you with advertising that we believe is relevant to you or of interest to you, on the basis of your provided data; and/or
- other related functions or purposes mentioned in Section 2.
Who May Access Your Personal Data
In addition to Afrihealth and/or its affiliates, other parties may also access your personal data in the following situations. You acknowledge that you have foreseen and agreed to the occurrence of such disclosure when you provide your personal data.
Other users may, for example in a group challenge, see your in-app activities in group challenge. Other users may also see your display data and read the messages you have posted on or through the Afrihealth Services. You confirm that the Afrihealth Services may also include message boards, communities, forums, and/or other chat areas, where users may exchange ideas or communicate with other users and you acknowledge that any data you posted to any communication area is publicly viewable. We strongly recommend that all users avoid posting personal or sensitive data at any time.
We may provide certain portion of your personal data to judicial or administrative authorities as so requested. Besides, we may disclose certain portion of your personal data within a strictly limited scope of recipients when we reasonably think it is necessary to protect us, our users or a portion of the public.
Afrihealth works with a number of (if any) social media contractors, advertising serving contractors, analyzing contractors, payment contractors, fraud-detection contractors and other third-party contractors on or through our services. We do not sell your personal data and only share non-personally identifiable, aggregated, and public data with third parties.
We will keep your data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you the Afrihealth Services unless deletion in accordance with your request. The locations of our servers include:
- the United States
- the European Union
In the case you request to remove or delete your personal data, we will retain your data as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce the agreements between us. Please note that the remove or deletion any of your data may result in the termination of some of our applicable services.
We will only store your information as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information is collected and processed or where the applicable law provides for longer storage and retention period. After that, your personal data will be deleted, blocked or anonymized, as provided by applicable law.
If you request in writing, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format after passing our review process. You also have the right to correct or modify your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data. Also, you may always withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings.
Pertaining to the marketing or promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving such communications in accordance with the instructions therein, such as SMS, email or other contact methods provided to us. You may also opt-out of advertisements on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings and respectively selecting "limit ad tracking" (iOS) or "opt-out of app notification" (Android). Besides, you may use app settings to personalize your in-app preferences.
Right to Access
You have the right to access your personal data that we hold about you, i.e. the right to require free of charge: (i) information whether your personal data is retained, (ii) access to duplicates of the personal data retained. You can use the right to access to your personal data through the privacy dashboard. If the request affects the rights and freedoms of others or is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee (taking into account the administrative costs arising therefrom) or refuse to act on the request.
Right to Rectify
If we process your personal data, we shall endeavor to ensure by implementing suitable measures that your personal data is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which it was collected. If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you can modify the information you provided via the privacy dashboard.
Right to Erase
You have the right to obtain deletion of your personal data if the reason why we could collect it (see section 2. above) does not exist anymore or if there is another legal ground for its deletion.
As a result of deleting your Afrihealth Account, you will lose access to Afrihealth services, including the Afrihealth Account, subscriptions and app-related information linked to the Afrihealth Account and the possibility to access other services through Afrihealth Account.
Right to Object
Right to restrict the processing
You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data under the conditions set out in article 18 of the GDPR or any other applicable laws and regulations in your country of residence.
Right to personal data portability
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller under the conditions set out in article 20 of the GDPR or any other applicable laws and regulations in your country of residence. Afrihealth makes your personal data available through the privacy dashboard as described above.
Securing Your Data
Pertaining to your use of our services, we have endeavored to take reasonable measures to prevent unauthorized access to or improper use of your personal data, such as organizational controls, technical protection and other protection measures. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we also remind you to be aware of the risks of hacking, cyber attacks, etc. on the Internet.
Therefore, we urge you to take every possible precaution to protect your personal data when using our services, including but not limited to changing your passwords from time to time, not reflecting your real name or other personal data in registration, using a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, using a secure browser and/or taking other possible security measures. Please note for security reasons, we store passwords in encrypted form.
You represent that you are an adult or older in your country of residence (or at other age in your jurisdiction where you are classified as a majority) when using the Afrihealth Services. If you are a minor child or under the legal age of majority (“Minor” or “Child”), please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
We strongly urge parents to instruct their Child never to disclose personal data without the prior permission of parents. If we learn that we have collected personal data about a Child, we will delete that data as quickly as possible. Also, if you believe that we might have any data from or about a Child, please contact us.
Contact and Complaints
Effective Date: October 12th 2020